Peter Aiken is a leading figure in the Irish music business.
When you look at the list of artists that Aiken Promotions have brought to Irish venues, you’ll see very few are missing from a “who’s-who” of global music stars. Peter’s ambition and passion for the business is at the heart of the operation and in this revealing conversation, you’ll begin to understand why the likes of Bruce Springsteen and Ed Sheeran are so keen to work with him.
Among many highlights include:
- how Peter started as a 16 year old roadie for Rory Gallagher
- the story of how he persuaded Ed Sheeran to play Croke Park in 2015
- reflections on the uncertainty of the music promotion business
- the unlikely comeback of Justin Bieber
- how the modern hard-working professional musician has replaced the old rock’n’roll stereotype
- Peter’s reflections on the Garth Brooks saga of 2014
- what he learned from his late father, and pioneer in the business, Jim Aiken
- the story of how the popular Live At The Marquee series was born
Note: the occasional noise heard is the angry output of Storm Jonas hammering on the roof of The White Horse!
This conversation was recorded at a special Smarter Egg event on the Business of Music at Upstairs at the White Horse, Ballincollig, Ireland in January 2016. The video footage was filmed and edited by AV3 Productions.
If you would like to get on our exclusive events list, getting first notice of forthcoming events along with more behind-the-scenes goodies, just sign up here.