Dr Ed Coughlan is a globally renowned expert in the area of skill acquisition, working with elite athletes and teams at home and abroad. He also lectures in CIT and UCD.
Ed joined Aodan Enright in the Smarter Egg Red Chair for a live audience interview exploring his perspectives on coaching, education and development.
The conversation explores Ed’s own personal history, how his experiences have shaped his coaching philosophy, and his many conclusions on observing practices in both elite sport and institutional education, including:
* coaches tending to coach the way they were coached
* why a one-size-fits-all approach rarely works
* importance of encouraging students to challenge the message
* creating an environment of “I want to” rather then “I have to”
* the value of constraint-based coaching
* applying his PEAQ model (praise-explore-affirm-question)
If you would like to get on our exclusive events list, getting first notice of forthcoming events along with more behind-the-scenes goodies, just sign up here.