Andrew Mangan is a broadcasting pioneer with a global reach.
Most famous through his stewardship of Arseblog, the most popular unofficial global platform for fans of Arsenal FC, Andrew is also a leading light in the world of podcasting, through Arseblog’s Arsecast, and his co-founding of Castaway Media.
Among many highlights from this in-depth conversation include:
- his teenage exploits in the world of pirate radio
- the unexpected disadvantage of growing up in a castle
- how the need to broadcast music resulted in a police pursuit
- the accidental origins of Arseblog
- the inevitable incompatibility of a creative person in non-creative jobs
- how an exciting acquisition by a US site almost killed the whole project
- the simple formula for generating revenue from the site
- Marc Maron’s inspiration and eventual appearance on the 738am podcast
This conversation was recorded at a special Smarter Egg event on the Business of Sport at Upstairs at the White Horse, Ballincollig, Ireland in November 2015. The video footage was filmed and edited by AV3 Productions.
If you would like to get on our exclusive events list, getting first notice of forthcoming events along with more behind-the-scenes goodies, just sign up here.