We’re often seduced into believing that success in life is linear, that hard work will inevitably move the line up and to the right.
But it’s rarely, if ever, that way.
Richard Barrett’s story reminds us that the curve looks more like a roller coaster. And his philosophy has been to embrace the negatives as a prelude to some positives.
Co-founder of startup sensation Pundit Arena, Richard shares his life story in this candid and inspiring talk.
Amongst the many highlights of his story include:
- his early entrepreneurial flair while being a popular misfit in school
- how his interest in sport and learning (and holidays) put him on the path to teaching
- his constant desire for self-improvement
- the dramatic consequences of multiple broken bones & months in a wheelchair
- how he taught himself to build a website
- the serendipity of meeting his co-founder on the UCC Ignite programme
- finding a business model around giving a voice to the writing of sports fans
- the excitement and disappointment of raising investment
- the successful growth of Pundit Arena
If you would like to get on our exclusive events list, getting first notice of forthcoming events along with more behind-the-scenes goodies, just sign up here.