Jack O’Rourke is one of those special talents that once you’ve heard him perform, you inevitably find yourself evangelising about him to others.
In this special Egg Talk, Jack shares an intimate story of how he found his true voice in music.
Jack delighted the full house at The White Horse with a couple of visits to the keyboard, with a selection of standout lines from his musical heroes, as well a fabulous performance of his song, “Silence”.
Amongst the many highlights of his story include:
- traveling the journey of being an imitator to an original
- sharing John Spillane’s invaluable songwriting advice
- his realisation that his songs needed to be credible and real
- how he was the great pretender before coming out as a gay man
- finding that ‘style is a product of your limitations’
- how his song, ‘Silence’, became an anthem for the 2015 Marriage Equality referendum
- his belief that the truth will always out, and that people will respond to it
If you would like to get on our exclusive events list, getting first notice of forthcoming events along with more behind-the-scenes goodies, just sign up here.