Cian O’Neill is Head of CIT’s School of Sport, Leisure & Childhood Studies. He also is the Manager of the Kildare Senior Gaelic Football team.
He has experienced success at the elite level of GAA with Tipperary, Mayo and Kerry. And he’s a lot younger than most people with such an impressive CV.
In a special Red Chair appearance, Cian goes deep on his own coaching experiences, sharing insights from the teams he has worked with. And he’s joined by renowned speaker and coach Neil O’Brien to add some extra flavour.
Lots to learn from Cian’s contributions, including:
- how an early serious injury put him on the coaching path
- the importance of his father as a teaching role model
- breaking down the elements of his coaching success
- how to build trust between player and coach
- the importance of genuinely caring for each individual
- why it’s a mistake to surround yourself with those who agree
- his take on popular media criticism
- the need for endless learning, from others as well as yourself
This conversation was recorded at a Smarter Egg event on the theme of Human Potential at Upstairs at the White Horse, Ballincollig, Ireland in November 2016. The video footage was filmed and edited by AV3 Productions.
If you would like to get on our exclusive events list, getting first notice of forthcoming events along with more behind-the-scenes goodies, just sign up here.