My inbox was full of budget updates this week. I noticed increases in some levies and activities, reductions in others and the introduction of certain initiatives. The world keeps turning.
Maybe an alternative budget might be useful for us?
- A 25% rise in commitments to spending time outdoors
- A 50% improvement in planning our most important activities, especially in uncertain times
- Doubling in social instigation – if you reached out to say hi once last week, do it twice this week
- A tripling in investment in joy-generating activities – essential to offset the downsides of imminent lockdowns
- A 50% reduction in agitated news following and doomscrolling
- Cutting back the practice of over-filling our calendars with video calls (min. 20%)
- 25% week-on-week cumulative reduction in practicing avoidance – time to reverse the trend and embrace what needs to be grasped
- Move to eliminate the habit of assuming worst intent when communicating online – to be eradicated by EOY20
- Commitment to at least one project that will hold value a year from now and requires consistent and regular effort
- Allowing ourselves to experience an entirely new hobby/practice/activity to ensure we are counteracting the forces of psychological contraction
I could go on. I trust you get the idea.
Even though we have common needs, we find ourselves in different situations. Do what you can to prepare for the eventualities that lie ahead.
This post was adapted from one of Aodan’s Sunday morning newsletters, eagerly anticipated by hundreds of readers. Give yourself the gift of that weekly wisdom by signing up here.